COVID-19 caused dramatic shifts in global trade and every economic sector. Business-to-business marketing was no different. In addition, it was one of the hardest-hit industries in 2020. However, we saw the development of a “new normal” that included elements of the familiar alongside a flood of novel ideas.
There has been a shift in consumer preference away from face-to-face sales contacts and toward digital platforms. According to a study by Gartner on the future of sales, 80 percent of supplier-buyer contacts in B2B sales will be conducted digitally by 2025. Thus, businesses must adapt to the changing landscape of the business-to-business (B2B) sector.
In this post, we’ll cover the best B2B Marketing trends you can try in 2022, so make sure to tune in until the end.
What Do We Mean By B2B Marketing?
Before we delve into the marketing trends, let us first understand what B2B marketing is.
The best b2b marketing campaigns 2022 involve selling a company’s services or products to all other companies and organizations. It is distinguished in several significant ways from business-to-consumer, or B2C, advertising geared toward end users.
Broadly speaking, business-to-business marketing material is more informative and less flowery than consumer-facing material. This is because the bottom line is more important in business purchasing decisions than consumer ones. While return on investment (ROI) may not be top of mind for the average person, at least not monetarily, it is for business leaders.
B2B marketers in the modern context frequently sell to purchasing committees comprising various important stakeholders. This results in a world that is both complicated and often difficult to navigate. Still, as sources of information have become more powerful and reliable, the capacity of B2B marketers operating b2b marketing trends 2021 to chart out committees and target buyers with appropriate, individualized information has significantly improved.
Why Should You Try B2B Marketing?
Any business that makes sales to other commercial enterprises. The b2b marketing trends 2023 can refer to various things, including memberships to software-as-a-service (SaaS), fixes to security problems, tools, attachments, and even office supplies. A great number of businesses operate in both the business-to-business and business-to-consumer markets.
Marketing efforts designed specifically for business-to-business interactions are directed at any person(s) who controls or influences purchase choices. This can include a broad range of job titles and responsibilities, from admittance end-users to the most senior executives in the company.
5 Best B2B Marketing Trends To Try This 2022
Now that you already know what B2B marketing is and why it is important for your business, it is time to implement them. Below are some of the best B2B marketing trends you can try in 2022 that will guarantee profitability and results.
1. Make Use Of Marketing Automation
The b2b marketing trends in 2022 naturally place a premium on automation, fueled partly by artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Many marketing duties and routine chores are simplified by marketing automation software. For instance, systems like the Benchmark email automation feature allow users to set up marketing emails for specified periods on a routine basis. That way, someone won’t have to manually send out emails to every one of your prospective clients and existing customers.
Because of this, your company’s marketing people and other employees can focus on more important, non-automatable duties. You shouldn’t undervalue the number of hours of labor that you can save from it.
In addition, marketing automation enables you to test your B2B advertising campaign frequently. The success of your online advertising campaign depends on your ability to maintain a consistent voice and tone across your promotional channels. If you regularly distribute your advertising content, you will rise in the rankings for your chosen keywords.
2. Promote Using Videos
With people’s attention spans getting shorter and shorter as more and more content becomes available online, marketing campaigns that employ videos are becoming increasingly important.
Eighty-two percent of all internet traffic will be video by 2022, by a Cisco study. And after watching a video, 84% of consumers are more likely to buy the featured product or service. Your company must adapt to the changing landscape of visual content marketing to increase revenue as the industry adopts these new standards.
Here are some of the popular video assets which are top notched in b2b marketing trends 2023 and companies make and share to hold up with advertising trends:
- Animated Videos. These are a growing marketing technique for complex sectors, like software, because they explain their program’s procedures. These clips can be put on a “Resources” site for quick access or published to YouTube as “How To” films.
- Tv Ads. Even though television advertising is significantly less targeted and much more general, they are excellent for building local awareness. Broadcasting advertisements on local tv channels, the company website, or Youtube account for optimization and generating digital momentum will be a growing marketing strategy in 2022.
- Corporate Videos. These are meant to show off the culture of your business and explain what distinguishes it from rivals. These clips are becoming more popular because you can show how one’s company has helped team members develop as people and professionals.
3. Target Individuals with Customized Brand Experiences
A distinct brand identity is more vital than ever as B2B companies grow. This year’s significant B2B marketing trend is the increased emphasis on brand customization. You can differentiate your business from the competition and establish a solid brand identity.
It’s crucial to incorporate feedback from your intended consumers while developing a unique identity for your brand. If you use the same tone and expressions as your intended readers, you will be more likely to engage them.
Knowing your target market’s brand persona is essential for effective marketing.
4. User Experience And Intent Must Come First
Once you’ve identified your audience, it’s time to consider how they’ll interact with your material.
The b2b marketing trends 2022 gartner toward emphasizing the importance of knowing one’s users’ goals and feelings is here to stay. When creating content, remember the following three user intents:
- When a user wants to purchase, download, or sign up for something, that is called a transaction.
- Search engine navigation refers to the process by which a user enters a set of terms into a search bar to locate detailed details about a service or product in a certain market.
- Informational Content refers to materials whose primary purpose is to enlighten the reader about products and services in a particular field.
Content creators should consider their end goal, and the user’s intended action before beginning work.
5. Use Social Media
The following is a breakdown, by platform, of the main b2b social media trends 2022 that your firm must follow in 2022.
- Facebook. Facebook has the highest number of active users compared to other social media sites, making it the industry leader in user engagement. Your company has to run targeted advertisements on Facebook if you want your content to be seen by the people who make up your ideal audience.
- Twitter. When talking about social media sites, Twitter stands out due to users’ limited opportunities to promote longer-form, more thought-provoking content. Because there is a limit of 280 characters, the stuff you publish must be pertinent and immediately attract the user’s attention. Every single piece of content that you produce needs to serve a purpose and include a CTA or a call to action.
- LinkedIn. When you publish content on LinkedIn, you may make it more relevant to a certain industry, which is normally impossible on more mainstream networks. Because LinkedIn is much more focused, connecting with other professionals who share similar interests and understand the sector is simpler.
- Instagram. According to DMEXCO’s research, ninety percent of Instagram users follow at least one business account. Instagram is quickly becoming one of the most popular marketing platforms for B2B companies to provide informative and relevant material. Still, providing aesthetically pleasing content on Instagram is essential to pique viewers’ interest and connect to their senses and emotions.
6. Increase The Value Of Your SEO By Using Popular Keywords.
It’s safe to say that search engine optimization (SEO) is here to stay as a trend in b2b marketing 2022 and we have barely scratched the surface.
Finding trending terms to use in your internet marketing material may be done in many ways. While it is possible to conduct a search engine query on currently popular terms, the results you obtain will not be as specialized toward your particular market.
Using keywords results in rich SEO content propels your web pages toward the top of Google’s results pages (SERPs). It positions your website as the first result consumers see while you search for particular keywords.
After that, you check how your SEO strategy is performing based on the image below.
It will be fascinating to watch how many trends will persist in the following year and which ones have yet to come into their own. The marketing industry is fast-paced as indicated in the b2b marketing statistics 2022, and customer behavior is always shifting, so it will be fascinating to determine which patterns will persist. What we do know for certain, though, is that the only thing guaranteed to remain the same in business-to-business marketing is its nature to change.